Finished up Multithreading in SynthNet

With BerryCraft done for now, I’m jumping back into SynthNet again – finished up multithreading today.  Now the emulator can utilize multicores/multiple processors, which allows substantially larger neural networks (which means more complex behavior and fun to be had).  There is still quite a lot of optimization to be done, but this was the biggie by far – I wasn’t really able to make anything much larger than the previous test until I got this working.

I changed the DNA from the demonstration a bit and grew a network with more neurons in the neural pathway, then had it listen to a piece of music (The Duel from Electric Dreams).  Captured a quick video of it – no practical demonstration, but fun to watch!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>